The absolute best way to understand and learn about any faith community is to experience it on the relational level. Statements of faith can tell you what a community of faith’s beliefs are, but they can’t tell you who they are. If you’d like to discover who we are at Crosspointe, please come to one of our Gatherings on Sunday. For a more comprehensive look at our theology and denominational affiliation, please visit www.epc.org
WHAT CROSSPOINTE BELIEVES
- We believe there is one God, and this God exists in three personalities - Father, Son, and Spirit. These three personalities are co-equal and one in God.
- We believe the Bible is God’s story, inspired by His Spirit, and given to people to live out in world around them.
- We believe God created the world from nothing, and it was very good.
- We believe man and women were created in the image of God.
- We believe God’s design was to live together with His creation and for his creation to live in community with each other.
- We believe that sin entered into this world and caused creation to become separated from this relationship.
- We believe that God had a plan to redeem and restore His creation and that Jesus was the only way by which this would be accomplished.
- We believe God’s son, Jesus, was born of a virgin and was the fulfillment of prophecy.
- We believe that Jesus died, was buried, and then raised from the dead, defeating death, and bringing salvation for all who long to be restored.
- We believe the Spirit of God dwells in the lives of those who are trusting in Christ for salvation and leads them to live a life different from the patterns of the world.
- We believe that God has chosen to use the Church as agents of restoration who reflect Him to the world.
- We believe that God will return to judge the world and rid it of evil and injustice.
- We believe that God will one day restore creation according to the way he originally designed it to be.
- We believe in a day when God’s Kingdom will be with His people and they will dwell with Him forever in a restored world.
References: Genesis 1| Genesis 2 | Genesis 3| Deuteronomy 6 | Isaiah 60-61 | Luke 1-2 | Mark 12-16 | Acts 1-2 | 1 Corinthians 15 | Revelation 20-21
Our Sunday Gatherings are our time to listen to God and respond to Him in worship together as a community. We welcome people from all walks of life regardless of where they are on their spiritual journey. We believe you will find our Gathering to be inviting, authentic, and connective. Whether you are a corporate executive, a college student, a stay-at-home mom or an aspiring musician, you can expect to hear the Bible taught and applied in an engaging way.
We see worship as an extremely valuable tool to connect us with God. We believe that worship is our response to the ways that God has revealed himself. Worship is not God’s response to us; it is our response to Him. Our worship team leads us in worship through many of today's modern worship songs.
As far as what to wear, dress casually and you'll fit right in. After all, our Pastor likes to wear stylish shirts and shoes to complement his highlighted hair. So while we don't want you to be wearing two-piece swimsuits to the Gathering - for obvious reasons - we aren't really concerned with what people are wearing. We’re just glad you are here.
We want to engage in a relationship with God, each other, our community and the culture in which we find ourselves. We are simple, intentional, and missional. We seek to provide a safe place for people to discover what they believe about God, and what God believes about them.
Our Kidspointe Children’s Ministry and professional, background-checked childcare is provided for each Gathering.